Pages

Thursday 22 May 2014

The Chanel 'Taboo'

                Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in '583 Taboo'


Why did I buy it? Impulse. Do I regret it? No. Do I love it? Not overly so.

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the poor quality photo - I have just moved house and cannot for the life of me find my DS Camera anywhere.

I won't lie to you. I'm a nail polish addict. In fact, my three year old niece has taken to calling me "Auntie Sharon With the Blue Nails" (and she only has one auntie Sharon so there's really no need to narrow it down). I don't however, like to spend too much on polish. Higher end of the scale for me would be Nails Inc, Orly or Essie. On a budget I'd opt for Rimmel or Barry M. 

After having my first taste of Chanel cosmetics several months ago and absolutely loving it (post to follow), I lusted after a Chanel polish. So whilst paying for my usual things in Boots at the Chanel counter (no que) and I saw it standing there looking all pretty, I had one of those 'Aaah why not?!' moments. I didn't even bat an eyelid when she rang it through at the £18 price tag, because I thought it would be so worth it. 

I wasn't totally wrong. Although the colour is beautiful, pearlescent deep plum with just the tiniest hint of glitter, it's not really this season is it? More an autumn shade. Christmas even. One of my fav colours but again, impulse buy! 

The formula is ... only word for it ...'nice'. Applies lovely, not too thick, but thin enough for one coat (I always do two anyway). The brush is a really nice shape - but not the square essie ones I love. It doesn't chip for a good 8-9 days.

All in all It's not a bad buy, but unlike the rest of the Chanel products I've tried, I can't say I think it's worth the hefty price tag. 

Has anyone else tried this polish and reviewed it? Pop your link below so I can have a read :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogspot Template by pipdig