Pages

Thursday 24 July 2014

Skincare #2 Liz Earle 'Cleanse & Polish'


This is a cult product with beauty bloggers. Since I've recently been trying to take better care of my skin (see my first skincare post here), I decided it was time to start to make a bit more of an effort to remove my makeup at night – goodbye face wipes! 

There was a LOT of humming and hawing on twitter around the use of face wipes to remove make up (I’m @sosheblogged by the way). To be fair they have worked well for me, but I do have reasonably well behaved skin. I just fancied trying the Cleanse & Polish, and some days you need something a little extra to freshen up your skin.



So what do I think? So far so good! They aren't lying when they say it’s really easy to use. My makeup literally just comes right off! It leaves my skin feeling quite soft, but not anything to rave about. After using it I felt exceptionally clean – the texture is a little grainy but not like a total exfoliator. 




I’m going to be totally honest with the downsides. I can’t help but feel it smells a little like toothpaste – anyone else? Although apparently they have a new limited edition one out which smells a lot nicer, I think I would've preferred that. Secondly, the price. Including delivery, this came to £18.50 for a 100ml bottle and two muslin cloths. I know that’s not really much for a high end product, but I still found it a bit much for what I received, also my bottle felt a lot like it was only half full (it doesn't have a twisty top so I couldn't check).

As a first impression my skin really does feel much better - I think I can overlook the price because you really can't beat that fresh, nice skin feeling! I’m going to give my mum a try as well to see what she thinks – she is such a critic when it comes to skincare, she has her favourites and sticks with them. I’d also love to hear your views if any of you have tried it?? 


As always, thanks for reading! xx

1 comment:

  1. Skincare is my obsession, so I'd be down for trying this if it was more accessible. I use face wipes but more as a first step to remove makeup and then go in with an actual cleanse. Thanks for your thoughts on this, I've never heard anyone say it smells like toothpaste, lol. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blogspot Template by pipdig